Senior Communications Specialist - Vantiv
This is a key function at Vantiv working with reporters, analysts and influencers in the industry to help them understand the Vantiv story and how technology is changing the way payments are made. You will need to be a terrific storyteller with insights into what intrigues reporters. Your job will be to coordinate and manage media relations and inquiries with journalists and other opinion leaders concerning product launches, events, customer wins, acquisitions and other activities. This position will work with internal stakeholders across the company to research, write and craft the story. In addition to media relations, you will coordinate with social media teams to make sure the message is consistent across the channels. Must love writing and be inquisitive about learning new things.
This position will be based in Cincinnati, Ohio
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as a key information source for all media contacts requesting data, insights and thought leadership
- Regularly interacts with senior management to understand strategy for business units
- Develops corporate PR strategies and shares in the management of their execution
- Promotes products and services to reporters, analysts and influencers in the industry
- Manages metrics to assess value of public relations initiatives
- Works with our PR agency to monitor online and offline company reputation and competitive news
- Works closely with the marketing team to develop compelling communications strategies to support product introduction, service offerings, new technology and thought leadership
- Pitches contributed articles, bylines, editorials and other key mentions
- Attend and manage media interviews at various trade shows throughout the year
- Helps with social media and analysts relations as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with 5-8 years of experience in public relations, social media, journalism, marketing or related field
- Lifelong learner with a curiosity to understand new things
- Social media savvy and technology proficient
- Detail-oriented and able to balance a wide variety of activities
- Excellent writer of all things PR, including social media, blogs, press releases, media responses and infographics
- Knowledge of media and analytics software
- Preferred experience:
- Knowledge of payments industry and contacts with payment reporters
- Experience in analyst relations
- Excellent writer with Journalism degree
- Knowledge of Cision platform
Less than 20% of the time
Writes, edits, reviews and oversees release of internal communication documents and programs that support the organization. Edits and enhances internal communication materials, including intranet, newsletters, emails/memos, webcasts and speeches. Reviews and edits essential internal communications prior to dissemination to ensure accuracy, clarity, and appropriateness. Ensures a "corporate voice" permeates messaging to employees and stakeholders. Coordinates internal communication efforts with those provided by others who focus on external communications (i.e., marketing communications, investor relations). Works closely with executive management team and departments to keep abreast of company developments and trends. May assist with the development and implementation of new and existing communication vehicles.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. Knows key suppliers and frequent partners and can lead cross-functional teams through execution.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Can negotiate smaller events on his/her own.
Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.