Fifth Third Bank
Position: Social Media and Technology Manager
Position Responsibilities: Raise awareness of Bancorp strategic initiatives through the leverage of social media and technology within the Corporate Communications function. Scope includes support of both the Public Relations and Employee Communications teams. Assist the Director of Public Relations in integrating social media strategy and tactics into the Bank's reputation management activities including corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts as well as line of business support (products and programs) and crisis communications. Support the Director of Employee Communications in leveraging technology to improve the effectiveness of internal communications. Support the CEO's social media presence (LinkedIn, etc.) by working with the Executive Communication Strategist. Collaborate effectively with Regional Communicators as well as Social Media strategy team. Ensure that PR social media content receives all necessary approvals. Contribute proactive ideas to further improve the Bank's communications success, with particular attention paid
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Director of Corporate Communications, supporting the entire function.
- Work directly with the Director of Public Relations and the team of 3-5 Senior Public Relations Managers and junior PR staff in the development of PR social media strategy and ongoing execution.
- Assist PR team in the leverage of technology to reach media, both traditional and social, and to assess the effectiveness of communications efforts.
- Explore and recommend technology solutions for internal communications. Provide assistance to Employee Communications in troubleshooting group email distribution, the online Employee Center, use of SharePoint in communications and other systems.
- Act as liaison with Social Media strategy team housed within Digital Marketing. Ensure that the Bank's social PR strategies are integrated with Marketing line of business (product) efforts.
- Partner with and provide consultation to team members and other internal clients to identify, create and share key messages for external audiences on social media.
- Connect social media messages whenever possible to overall Bank Vision, culture and operating priorities.
- Manage and prioritize volume of messaging and tasks.
- Research and reporting skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, integrated marketing communications, journalism, public relations, English and/or business is preferred.
- Five or more years' experience in social media, journalism, public relations, strategic writing or corporate communications preferred.
- Sound judgment in the appropriate use of social media tactics in addressing reputation issues.
- Ability to recognize PR opportunities in social media from the perspective of social media influencers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex or technical information to senior leaders and an internal audience.
- Ability to understand emerging technologies in social media and communications in general.
- Ability to understand and conceptualize specific ideas and theories.
- Ability to respond with little or no notice.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment independently.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet fast-paced deadlines and handle numerous tasks concurrently; good project management skills.
- Strong professional, consultative and interpersonal communications skills.
- Good PC skills and the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous experience with either Vocus/Cision or Lexis/Nexis a plus.
How to apply: Visit Fifth Third Bank Careers.