PR and Marketing Assistant (PT) - Taft Museum of Art
Reports to: Director of PR and Marketing
Employment Type: Part-Time/Nonexempt
Hours: 20 hours/week, competitive hourly rate. This may include occasional evening and weekend hours.
Benefits: Free parking, Museum membership and other unique discounts.
To Apply: To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, January 18. No phone calls please. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
The Taft Museum of Art is seeking a part-time PR and Marketing Assistant with excellent writing and organizational skills. This position will play a critical support role within the department.
ROLES AND REPONSIBILITIES
• Updating Taft website and creating new pages using WordPress.
• Writing copy and designing email news in MailChimp.
• Data collection and visitor communication using ShowClix, the Taft’s online ticketing system.
• Drafting copy for collateral materials, including brochures, newsletters, and invitations.
• Implementing social media plan.
• Updating calendar listings.
• Logging and filing media archive files.
• Representing the Taft at community events.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• A bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or related field of study is required.
• One to two years of experience is desirable.
• Interest in social media marketing.
• Solid computer skills are necessary, including proficiency in WordPress and MailChimp. Design experience is a plus.
COMPETENCIES AND CAPABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
• Personal Leadership: Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Works well independently or as part of a team.
• Communication/Enrollment: Strong interpersonal skills.
• Collaboration/Teamwork: Works cooperatively with supervision or as part of a team. Positive and high-energy team player.
• Problem Solving/Initiative Adeptness at problem-solving and demonstrating good judgment. Ability to learn and implement new processes and technology. Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to prioritize and excellent attention to detail. Demonstrates proactive approach to problem-solving and is solution oriented.
• Visitor Experience: Demonstrates the highest level of service and response to the volunteers, visitors, other staff, board members, docents, and others.
The Taft Museum of Art is one of the finest small art museums in America. A National Historic Landmark built in 1820, the Taft is home to an art collection that includes European and American master paintings, Chinese porcelains, and European decorative arts.
The Taft Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment that welcomes and values diversity. This includes our staff, board of directors, volunteers and visitors. As an organization we recognize the importance of attracting and retaining talented people of different backgrounds. We understand how a diverse work team of staff, board of directors and volunteers benefits our organization by enabling us to draw upon a richness of resources. We want all our team members to feel appreciated for their uniqueness, so we work to foster an environment that provides everyone equal access to information and opportunities. This ensures that each person learns, grows, excels and maximizes his or her personal contributions. The Museum will thus be able to tap into a greater wealth of knowledge, perspectives, and experiences to develop and deliver programs and services to an increasingly diverse audience.