Fifth Third Bank
Position: PR Corporate Reputation
Position Responsibilities: Raise awareness of Bancorp strategic initiatives through communications with traditional and social media, employees, customers, shareholders and the general public. Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures thatactions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with national, local and regional media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local business and community leaders.
- Serve as authorized company spokesperson.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Fifth Third business-lines and support functions.
- Deliver, develop and ratify reputation management strategy/position for a variety of issues.
- Develop strategic executive communications to variety of audiences, through a variety of mediums.
- Manage and develop award nominations for Bancorp executives, as needed.
- Prepare remarks, speeches and presentations for Bancorp and affiliate executive team.
- Serve as project manager for Bancorp collateral projects including annual report, employee newsletter, etc., as needed.
- Lead strategic priorities and group marketing initiatives, as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of current banking trends in order to provide timely and accurate response, when necessary.
- Prepare news releases and strategic communication plans for the Bank and work with line of business managers to develop story ideas for proactive media placement.
- Develop strategic communication plans to support lines of business and Bancorp staff functions.
- Arrange interviews with print and broadcast media.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Must have the ability to provide guidance and coaching to other corporate communications staff members.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations; graduate degree in related field, APR accreditation preferred.
- Five to eight years of public relations and media relations experience.
- Proven experience with issues management.
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate complex or technical information to the public.
- Ability to understand and conceptualize specific ideas and theories.
- Ability to respond with little or no notice.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment independently. Must have the ability to handle conflicts and successfully manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Good PC skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook applications.
How to apply: Visit Fifth Third Bank Careers.