Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority
Position: Digital Media Specialist
The digital media specialist is responsible for driving and executing the strategic direction of Metro and the Cincinnati streetcar’s social media channels, video communications, and website management by growing, managing and evaluating those platforms to reflect the organization’s brand and vision. The work involves high-level problem solving, is performed independently, requires the ability to easily adapt and respond to a constantly changing environment, new media, regulations, policies and processes. Excellent writing and analytical skills, creativity, and timeliness are essential.
- Social media: responsible for development of social media strategy, content calendars, graphics, campaigns and contests on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube) that results in increased customer awareness and engagement. Duties also include monitoring and evaluating results to create monthly reports and suggestions for improvements. Serves as the daily contact for social media, including responding to customer service communications, video file sharing, and emerging new media.
- Website: creates, maintains and manages the content for Metro and Cincinnati Streetcar websites. Uses appropriate tools for web design, authoring and programming. Works with agency that hosts and maintains websites to assure reliability. Ensures that web communications meet the needs of target audiences, including the ESL and individuals with disabilities, is standards-based, highly functional and well-integrated with overall communications objectives and programs. Manages Web marketing through such tools as advertising, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM).
- Customer e-communications: creates and distributes electronic customer communications and surveys through electronic message boards, and other communications tools. Manages databases for these and other media.
- Video production: produces and edits videos for internal and external audiences and maintains Metro and Streetcar YouTube channels.
- Trip planning information: works with Planning & Scheduling to coordinate all customer communications for quarterly and mid-pick service changes. Updates online schedules, Google Transit and other trip planning information to improve usability, readability and accessibility. Assures that Metro is using the most current options to improve user-friendliness. Acts as liaison between Planning & Scheduling and Customer Relations to resolve customer issues with Google Transit, on-line schedules, etc.
- New technology integration: integrates new transit planning, scheduling and communications technology acquired by Metro (such as real-time information) to ensure customer benefit through seamless interfacing with Web content and other electronic media.
- Analytics: uses analytic tools to measure the effectiveness of Metro’s electronic communications and make improvements.
- Emerging trends: evaluates and recommends what Metro should offer in terms of e-communications.
- Serve as an Essential Employee to continue the Authority’s operation during an emergency or weather related event.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communications - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Creativity - Energetic, innovative self-starter, out-of-the-box thinker committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts, Electronic Communications, Web Design, Marketing or related field.
- Four or more years’ related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be comfortable operating in a MAC and PC environment.
- Two years of professional Web design experience performing projects as outlined in this description. Demonstrated proficiency in Web design and coding, graphic design and information architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in information and interface design; common Web development tools and programming; current Web design standards, regulations, laws and trends; content management and project management.
- Experience with Web programming (including for mobile devices) using XHTML, CSS, Flash, PHP, database interactivity, and content management.
- Experience using the following applications for Web development: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Final Cut, and Acrobat Professional.
- Experience with the following social media and Web 2.0 technologies: Google Maps and Transit, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, Blogger, Instagram and RSS feeds.
- Experience using digital tools such as Constant Contact and Survey Monkey.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic writing skills, video production and editing and photography desired. Bilingual capability a plus. Ability to work in compliance with Metro's security policies.
- Office atmosphere with flexibility, business casual dress code
To apply, please visit: http://www.go-metro.com/careers
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.