National membership dues are $255 annually plus a $65 initiation fee. Special pricing is also available for Associate Members and graduate students. If you have less than two years of experience in public relations and join as an Associate Member, you receive a free one-year membership in the New Professionals Section.
Note: This offer may not be combined with other offers. Certain restrictions apply. Offer not valid for Associate and Renewing Members.
Stay on Top of Emerging Trends and Industry News.
- PRSA Issues and Trends delivers daily industry trends straight to your inbox.
- Public Relations Tactics, our award-winning flagship newspaper, provides essential tips from PR experts.
- The Strategist magazine delivers executive-level competitive insight.
- Public Relations Journal, our online journal, showcases original research.
Extend Your Network While Increasing Your Knowledge.
- Chapters deliver your membership experience in your local community.
- Professional Interest Sections focus on issues, trends and research in specialized practice areas and industries.
- PRSA's RFP Exchange allows you to search and post your own RFPs to grow your business opportunities.
- MyPRSA lets you access and manage your members-only benefits including our directories and e-groups.
Keep Learning and Stay Competitive.
- Access our members-only database of case studies, articles and research.
- Attend free and discounted learning and networking events.
- PRSA's Jobcenter helps you make your next career move, plus receive job alerts and access career advice.
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), the only professional public relations certification program, lets you distinguish yourself and gain a professional edge.
- PRSA's prestigious awards programs, including Silver Anvil, get you recognized for your excellence and accomplishments.
Join Online Now or mail/fax the application and gain access to career-boosting tools, resources and expertise.
National Membership dues are $225 annually, plus a $65 initiation fee. Cincinnati Chapter dues are an additional $55 per year. Don't forget to check out our list of Sections.
Questions? Send an e-mail to Member Services or call (212) 460-1400.
With PRSA National membership, you will:
- Advocate for the profession by contributing to the "Business Case for Public Relations™."
- Enhance your daily performance with the latest issues, case studies and research analysis.
- Benefit from members-only offers, including discounts on professional development seminars, conferences and events.
- Connect with other members and access industry tools with your personalized homepage.
- Accelerate your career — at any level.
In addition, with PRSA Local Chapter membership, you will:
- Become a visibly engaged member of your local public relations community, while expanding your circle of colleagues and contacts.
- Attend local seminars, meetings, luncheons, receptions and programs.
- Earn recognition through industry awards.
- Step into leadership roles and advocate for the public relations profession.
- Learn about business development and job opportunities in your local community.
Connect with a vibrant community of more than 22,000 PR Professionals.
As they say, membership has its privileges.
As a member of PRSA, you will be keeping company
with the leaders in the PR industry. If you'd like
information about how to join PRSA, please contact
Jill Dunne, Board Member / Membership Chair.
Jill will provide you with a packet of information
about national PRSA and the local Cincinnati Chapter.
You can contact Jill at (513) 632-7568 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRSA National and Chapter memberships gives you:
- Access to a broad spectrum of local and national professional development opportunities
- Local and National networks to help you in your career
- Valuable information services through National's Professional Resources Center
- Complimentary subscriptions to the award-winning publications PR Tactics and The Strategist
- Career development resources and tools
- Opportunities to develop your leadership skills
- Access to Professional Interest Sections and Affinity Groups
- and much more
There is also a tremendous amount of resources and programs available through the national PRSA office. For more information about national programs and activities, visit their website at www.prsa.org.
What are my National benefits? The Member Benefits page provides a comprehensive overview of member benefits, with new messaging.
- New and enhanced programs for members:
New: Insurance for members and their families, or their businesses.
New: FedEx shipping. (Replaces the DHL offer.)
New: Avis and Budget car rental.
Office products from Office Depot.
- Bank of America credit card which benefits the PRSA Foundation
Details of these programs are in MemberNet under ‘Member Benefits’:
The Jobcenter offers two new features: Job Mentor and Ask the Experts (courtesy of College of Fellows). Refer to the Career Resources section of Jobcenter.
- Chapters interested in collaboration with National’s Jobcenter should contact Richard.email@example.com or call him at (212) 460-1406.
PRSA National LinkedIn group, for members only, now with nearly 3,000 participants. (Many chapters and sections also have LinkedIn groups.)
PR QuickStart, free Web-based training for new professionals, created in partnership with PRSA’s Counselors Academy and the Council of Public Relations Firms.
- PR Journal, an online publication that showcases original communications research of PRSA members, further extending the industry knowledge base.
You qualify for PRSA membership if you spend at least 50% of your time in any combination of the following areas:
Media relations; marketing communications; special events; research; public relations management/administration; consumer/public affairs; public relations counseling; community, employee or government relations; financial communications;financial relations; institutional/corporate advertising; or public relations teaching.
The Cincinnati Chapter, with approximately 250 members, has a variety of programs
and activities throughout the year to help local PR professionals stay on top
of the game. Each month, September through July, there are monthly luncheon
meetings on a variety of topics including: meet the media programs, special
events, crisis communications, global public relations and marketing issues,
and case studies to name a few. In addition, each year the chapter holds one
full or half-day professional development seminar that takes an in-depth look
at a particular topic.
The primary obligation of membership in the Public Relations Society of America is the ethical practice of Public Relations.
The PRSA Member Code of Ethics is the way each member of our Society can daily reaffirm a commitment to ethical professional activities and decisions
Thank you to all of you who have been keeping your membership records up-to-date. It really helps us to stay in contact with you. Please understand that there are actually two sets of your records, one kept by National and one kept here locally. While I can view your records with National, I do not have access to change them. Therefore, whenever a change needs to be made you need to contact both the national office and the local one.
This can now be done in one step by using MemberNet which is hosted on the National website, www.prsa.org. Towards the top of the home page there is a link to login. There are instructions to help you login for the first time. Once you login in you will have access to update your personal profile.
*However, if you have already changed jobs and no longer have access to the email address National has on file for you, you will either need to email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 212-460-1400.
We receive weekly reports of all changes done at MemberNet and use those to update our records. What a great service this is and we thank the National office!
Career Tools, an Internet-based product, is a new, no-cost, PRSA member benefit that offers a comprehensive collection of job search and career management resources including job search steps, assessments, networking and numerous Web links to job sites.
Read about Career Tools at http://www.prsa.org/_Membership/benefits/careertool.pdf Access Career Tools now via MemberNet at https://members.prsa.org , then select Member Benefits. Need help accessing MemberNet? Email email@example.com.