Job Title: Media/Public Relations Specialist
Increase the public brand of the law firm and its attorneys both locally and nationally via targeted media outreach and placement.
- Promote the firm’s achievements and the attorneys’ experience and capabilities by pitching articles to various media outlets.
- Write and distribute press releases for lateral hires and promotions, new office openings, precedent-setting deals/ cases, significant practice and firm-wide rankings, and other important announcements.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key journalists in local, business, legal and industry trade publications.
- Travel to the firm’s offices outside of Cincinnati to meet with attorneys to learn about their practices or meet with reporters and editors to further develop the relationship.
- Work with reporters and editors to establish attorneys as sources.
- Regularly review news outlets from each of the firm’s office locations to identify trends and key issues.
- Leverage the editorial calendars of business, legal and industry trade publications to develop stories that align with upcoming topics.
- Identify writing and speaking opportunities in targeted publications and associations for attorneys.
- Review articles written by attorneys for AP Style and pitch the article to the appropriate outlets.
- Respond to requests from business, legal and industry trade publications for articles on various subjects.
- Report back to attorneys the success of their media efforts by providing visibility stats and analysis.
- Utilize Cision, the firm’s media database subscription, to identify new outlets and journalists to target and maintain the media contact spreadsheet.
- Follow the firm’s approved media process and direct interview opportunities to the appropriate attorney.
- Assist with marketing team writing projects as needed.
- Additional related responsibilities as required by the Media Relations Manager.
Skills and Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university)
Experience: Five to Seven years related experience
Computer skills: Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Cision PR Software
Work Environment: Professional
Please send your resume to: Anna K. Wright, Media Relations Manager at Anna.Wright@DINSMORE.COM