2013 Media Day
2013 Media Day
Cincinnati PRSA Call for Presentations for Media Day 2013
The Cincinnati Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America is searching for public relations professionals, media relations experts, journalists and/or other media experts to present the latest in public relations trends, best practices, media relations and strategic relationship building.
We’re looking to showcase the skills and successes of Cincinnati’s own talent pool at this year’s Media Day on October 1, 2013.
Presentations may address:
- Social media
- Digital media
- Traditional media (print, TV, radio)
- Media planning
- Media pitching
- Strategic public relations
- Content creation
- A specific media/crisis case study
- A timely media event/crisis
The deadline for submitting presentation proposals is 5 p.m. EST on Friday, June 28. Submitted proposals will be voted on by members of the Cincinnati Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America during the month of July, to determine which topic our members would like to see addressed at Media Day. Notifications of proposal acceptance will occur no later than during the week of August 5.
PRSA Media Day is one of the Cincinnati chapter’s headlining events of the year, offering members a chance to get face time with local and national media members, in addition to learning best practices and innovations from seasoned PR professionals in our region.
Saul Colt, word-of-mouth marketing expert, and former head of magic at FreshBooks, is confirmed to keynote this year’s event.
About the presentation:
- 75 minutes to present and conduct any Q&A
- Will either be from 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. or 3:30 – 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 1, at Drees Pavilion
- Must submit slides/presentation outline to committee one week prior to event
- A/V support provided as needed, i.e. projector, sound, video, etc.
Speakers/panelists each receive one complimentary conference registration, including lunch, snacks and happy hour. Cincinnati PRSA will not provide a speaker stipend or reimburse for any travel costs.
- Winners will be notified by email and/or phone during the week of August 5, 2013.
- Submissions may be made by anyone knowledgeable in public relations, media relations, social media, digital media or journalism. You do not have to be a member of the Public Relations Society of America to submit an entry.
- Entries are limited to one (1) submission per individual.
- Entries will be voted on online by members of the Cincinnati Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America. In the event of a tie, the Media Day Committee will vote on the winner.
- By entering your presentation for Media Day 2013, all entrants confirm that their programs and entries comply with the ethical standards of the public relations profession, as embodied in the PRSA Code of Ethics found here.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com. We will answer your Media Day questions, or connect you with someone who can provide further guidance on preparing your entry.