Job Title: Communications & Content Intern
Source Cincinnati, an organization which builds the image and reputation of the Cincinnati region with business leaders and investors, talent and visitors, seeks a current or rising college senior to become a Communications & Content Intern on our team.
This role will work directly with two of the region’s senior communications executives, including Source’s executive director and the head of Communications & Content, providing an outstanding professional experience and mentoring opportunity. This is a paid position ranging from 20-35 hours per week, depending on the candidate’s availability during school year or summer months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write and create content for social media channels and newsletters, including taking photos/videos at events.
- Brainstorm content ideas and help maintain the Content Editorial Calendar.
- Assist with media requests including researching answers to questions and preparing response materials.
- Produce detailed “experience” itineraries for visiting media and influencers.
- Research and track news stories related to Greater Cincinnati.
- Track and prepare monthly and quarterly results and program reports for Source board, funders and other constituents.
- Prepare presentations and materials for speaking engagements in the local community. Assist with engagement/event logistics.
Personal Growth Opportunities:
- Gain professional experience:
- Working directly with senior communications pros at Source Cincinnati
- Interacting with domestic media and influencers.
- Learning how organizations interact with elected officials and local leaders.
- Engage with professionals at area businesses and our national communications firms.
- Learn how Source is branding and positioning Greater Cincinnati to advance its reputation.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where each day presents a new challenge and learning experience across media channels.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent internet-based research skills
- Demonstrated record of being a self-starter and individual initiative.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and, in particular, PowerPoint.
- Experience with database and content management systems.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. Current or rising Senior student preferred. Previous internship experience expected.
- Major/coursework in areas such as Communications, PR, Marketing, Journalism.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Interested candidates should email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.