Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion. Senior graphic designers often have the designation of “senior” because of their authority in decision-making. He or she may play the lead role on projects and supervise middleweights and junior designer(s) in creating concepts, comps, layouts and final art. In addition, senior designers should have a firm understanding of all levels of production and be capable of not only contributing to the design of a project but also communicating with the client.
- Create world-class marketing materials for multiple DH clients
- Execute creative strategically-driven designs independently and collaboratively with Creative Director/Art Director/Design Team/Various Account Team Members
- Mentor and direct junior and middleweight designers to complete large projects
- Ability to translate marketing objectives into creative mini-briefs
- Provide visual direction and concepts to team leaders and junior designers when applicable
- Ownership and management of client projects from conception to execution through quality control and billing
- 100% on-time and on-budget performance
- Understand the brand and apply established brand standards and formats, as required
- Manage multiple deadlines
- Attend meetings, as required
- Travel to client locations and/or other DeanHouston offices, as may be required from time to time
- Meeting and, whenever possible, exceeding our customer’s expectations that will result in complete customer satisfaction
- Embrace the culture and commitment required to provide customer service that adheres to The DeanHouston Way
What we’re looking for:
- MUST have an exceptional portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field, or equivalent experience /+5 years
- Must be a strategic thinker that can provide solutions that are aligned with the business objectives
- Solid understanding of design fundamentals: typography, color theory, composition, etc.
- Expert with traditional design software, I.E., CS Suite
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Working knowledge of HTML, video and 3D a plus but not necessary
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities
- Solid background in both print and digital design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Understanding of production fundamentals necessary
- Ability to present concepts to senior management
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of HTML, video, and 3D a plus but not necessary
Why you’ll love working here:
- DeanHouston is a growing company on Inc. 500’s list of “5,000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past three years.
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and disability
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match
- Located in downtown Cincinnati, DeanHouston has an inspiring and productive work culture housed in the historic, yet recently renovated, Edge building.
- We are committed to employee development. We invest in the latest tools, training, and software so our employees are on the cutting edge of the creative process.
- DeanHouston has 60+ employees worldwide, but the Cincinnati office is tight-knit and able to react quickly to clients’ needs.
Resumes, including portfolio, can be submitted at www.deanhouston.com. This position and others openings are listed under the “CAREERS” tab.