Cincinnati Public Schools
Position: Digital Design Coordinator
Cincinnati Public Schools is seeking applicants for the position of Digital Design Coordinator. This position supports the ongoing web and online product development activities of Cincinnati Public Schools to effectively accomplish the strategic priorities of communicating cutting-edge knowledge and information to CPS’ stakeholders. The Digital Design Coordinator will be capable of providing oversight and support for web production including effective development of visual online content for multiple channels and applications as well as administrating CPS’ content management systems. The Coordinator will work with the Digital Design Manager, other team members, CPS staff, and other identified content contributors to enhance the user experience on all CPS websites in alignment with CPS’ Board Policy and the Americans with Disabilities Act, (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) WCAG 2.0. The Design coordinator will provide exceptional design support aligned to the CPS’ brand and marketing and communications strategies for all CPS’ online platforms.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field from an accredited college or similar work experience
- 1-3 years’ experience with Web Design and Development, Digital Communications or Visual/Information Design, UX Design or Graphic Design.
- 1-3 years’ proven experience developing requirements and coordinating web production as well as creating and maintaining web content according to best practices.
- 1-3 years’ in a project management role for digital/web work.
- Knowledge of web traffic monitoring/analytics. Understanding of search engine optimization.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and knowledge of Google Apps.
- Web and Design Portfolio experience.
- Work closely with the Digital Design Manager to develop strategies for managing web projects and enhancing communications channels for CPS stakeholders.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of CPS Websites as part of a communications and compliance team to deliver integrated brand presence and targeted communications.
- Help build and maintain compliant Websites with the Content Manager by engaging as a team with content specialists and CPS Web Editors.
- Serve as the point of contact for ongoing web project work, including 508 compliance training, monitoring and evaluation.
- Support in building Web teams at the school level to support increasing the professionalism, usability and compliance of all CPS enterprise Websites.
- Work with the Digital Design Manager, Communications Manager and team members to elicit requirements from stakeholders, including subject matter experts.
- Support in assigned meetings and prepare visual materials to convey information and gather input about web projects from a variety of audiences.
- Provide product enhancements based on strategic initiatives.
- Ensure quality of team communications with the team.
- Review key analytics and evaluation data to enhance web design and user experience.
- Coordinate moving accessible (compliant) products and multimedia presentations to the web (PDFs, webinars, videos, etc.).
- Integrate CPS software platforms (e.g. Google Apps for Education and Schoology) with CPS’ custom CMS solution both as a training and communications platform.
- Proven and exceptional project management experience in website development for diverse stakeholder base and government clients.
- Fluency in online content publishing and best practices, including Section 508 compliance and guidelines. Familiarity with HTML, interface design, and content management systems for high volume web sites.
- Use of Google Analytics and/or Web trends for analytics and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of optimizing and producing graphics for mobile and responsive platforms.
- A team player and problem-solver with an affinity for design and design thinking.
- Has organized and logical approach when tracking project tasks and provides thorough follow-through via a variety of communications.
- Ability to work collaboratively and transparently with manager and stakeholders.
- Possesses excellent and effective oral and written communication skills.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: 261 - day limited
SALARY RANGE: Specialist– Per CAAS Agreement
All interested applicants are invited to apply online at www.cps-k12.org, click apply online. Only online applications will be considered.
Note: A lead teacher in a position may not be appointed to an administrative position while serving as a lead teacher. A lead teacher may apply for an administrative position if the lead teacher resigns the lead teacher position prior to submitting an application, however, selection is not guaranteed. A consulting teacher may not be appointed to an administrative position while serving as a consulting teacher and for one full school year after serving as a consulting teacher.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Certain jobs at Cincinnati Public Schools may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation are available upon request from Human Resources.
Cincinnati Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. The district has a continuing non-discrimination policy which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.