Title: Capital Planning Analyst
Job Description: The Capital Planning Analyst -- Governance in the Capital Planning Group (CPG) is a key support role to ensure the effectiveness of Fifth Third’s Capital Adequacy Process (CAP), including the Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR) and enterprise-wide stress testing. This role is part of a dynamic and experienced team, and provides the opportunity to partner with stakeholders across the Company, particularly in Finance and Risk. This role facilitates the development of presentations, reports, and other documentation that provides adequate detail and proper support for senior management, governance committees, the Board of Directors, and regulators to make determinations related to capital adequacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development/enhancement and execution of capital planning governance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and execute calendars, timelines, and process flows that allow for sufficient training, review, challenge, and approval related to key components of the CAP.
- Coordinate and prepare meeting agendas and materials, as well as capture meeting minutes or notes, in an audience-appropriate format.
- Analyze and communicate complex financial results to senior leaders, directors, and regulators.
- Provide guidance to CAP contributors in updating/maintaining control documentation, including process flows, approval templates, and policy/procedural documentation.
- Assist in the completion and aggregation of all required submission documentation and public disclosures related to stress test results.
- Evaluate processes as well as the design and content of deliverables to recommend and implement ongoing improvements.
- Identify and understand significant internal and external factors that impact capital planning processes. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base regarding industry issues.
- Establish, foster, and maintain working relationships with Finance, Risk, and other personnel contributing to the execution of enterprise-wide capital planning activities.
- Seek opportunities to enhance CAP and implement best practices; participate in complex process improvement or problem resolution initiatives to drive consistency and sustainability within capital planning.
Supervisory Duties: None
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Education: Bachelor's degree required. MBA, CFA, or CPA preferred. Knowledge of GAAP strongly desired.
Experience: Minimum of three years of corporate experience, preferably in financial services industry or public accounting. Previous exposure to capital planning, corporate governance, regulatory reporting, and / or project management a plus.
Computer/Technical: Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; SharePoint
- This position requires excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to interact with personnel ranging from clerical staff to senior management.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain professional composure in a fast-paced and evolving work environment that often requires management/completion of multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate sound judgment as well as apply logical/critical thought processes.
- Solid organizational skills and unrivaled attention to detail.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
- Extended viewing of a CRT screen.
Link for more information and to apply: https://jobcareer.53.com/sap/public/bc/ur/YEOPGL101307/standard/externalJobBoard/index.html?sap-client=240&jobpost=04A6BA5BEDB16370424BF3349E3BA95F896811C3&ewsid=V8Va6wNpvtoe1O39WAnfvMaQejJ