Corporate Communications Assistant, Full-time – Rumpke Waste & Recycling
Rumpke Waste & Recycling is one of the nation’s largest privately owned waste and recycling firms. The ideal candidate for this full-time position is an organized, articulate self-starter who can work with minimal supervision. The position will be based at Rumpke’s corporate office in Colerain Township near Cincinnati, Ohio, with responsibilities throughout Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and West Virginia.
• Assist with public relations, marketing and community outreach campaigns.
• Assist with advertising campaigns for print, broadcast and online media.
• Assist with media relations, including pitching, training, coaching and interviewing.
• Write and edit press releases, fact sheets and other media materials, and assist with media relations.
• Assist and coordinate contractually required communications with municipal clients and foster positive relationships with communities serviced.
• Assist with development of external communications, sales materials and educational resources (including production of short social media videos and photography)
• Assist with HR recruitment and retention efforts.
• Coordinate and attend special events and trade shows.
• Coordinate and conduct educational tours and presentations.
• Respond to customer inquiries and other requests.
• Assist with the corporate responsibility, donations and sponsorships process.
• Write for internal communications, including company newsletter articles and employee announcements.
• Assist with yellow page/online advertisements.
• Assist with social media efforts, including website content, blog posts and Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Pinterest/LinkedIn activities.
• Ensure and maintain corporate branding standards.
• Prepare weekly project updates and other required reports.
• Assist the corporate communications manager upon request.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to speak in front of large and small groups
• Dependable team-player with ability to prioritize multiple projects and work independently
• Familiar with Associated Press (AP) style guidelines
• Flexible schedule with some regional travel and occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
• Willing to follow all department and company rules, procedures and instructions
• Ability to suggest and implement ideas or programs to increase department efficiency
• Additional skills may be required to perform other tasks specific to work location, department or line of business
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Minimum 1-3 years of work or internship experience in public relations or communications.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and graphic design software including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Photography and video editing skills are a plus
• Proficient in social media
• Must successfully pass pre-employment drug testing.
• Office environment with some regional travel.
• Full-time (40 hours per week).
• Occasional evening, weekend and holiday hours.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.