Position: Public Relations and Marketing Manager
In 1886, Coney Island was a 400-acre apple orchard on the banks of the Ohio River.
Since then, Coney Island has become a destination to splash, ride, cheer and play for over 130 years.
Home to the largest recirculating swimming pool in the world, Coney Island has become a unique and nostalgic destination.
Coney has grown up with Cincinnati, changing with the times but always lifting spirits. It’s a place with historic roots and modern attractions; a place that’s built not just on childhood charm, but on bringing people together.
We’ve been playful and we’ve always been distinctly Cincinnati. Embracing who we are, not only gives our visitors a great place to play, but also turns moments into memories for generations.
Come out and play at Coney Island!
Assists in developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the entire organization, including but not limited to: media advertising, creative direction, collateral development, website content management, social media planning and postings, sponsorship, special events, retail & media promotions. Manages the Communications and Public Relations efforts by serving as onsite spokesperson and media contact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and manages the Public Relations plan.
- Serves as on-site media contact and park spokesperson for television appearances and radio interviews and other public relations efforts.
- Manages website content, imagery, design and functionality.
- Serves as voice and administrator for company's social media accounts.
- Manages and executes the email program, text marketing messages and maintain subscriber databases.
- Manages the internal communications regarding on-site marketing activities.
- Responsible for developing annual promotional efforts, including the creation, development and distribution of all promotional and collateral print materials.
- Assists in developing new sponsor and promotional relationships/opportunities.
- Assists in development and execution of marketing plan including media spending plans and promotional results.
- Assists in the planning, placement and evaluation of traditional and digital media. Manages the digital agency.
- Oversees media trafficking and analyzes data from Google Analytics, JCA Answers Analytics and Sage 100 for use in annual marketing report.
- Monitors and reconciles media affidavits against planned schedule.
- Evaluates market reactions to advertising programs to ensure the timely adjustment of strategies and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Provides analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information.