Port of Greater Cincinnati Development Authority
Job Title: Communications and Digital Engagement Manager
Job Summary: The Port of Greater Cincinnati Development Authority Board of Directors in 2015 initiated a bold strategy to transform Cincinnati and Hamilton County region by redeveloping industrial sites that ultimately create good-paying manufacturing jobs; rebuilding disinvested neighborhoods in a way that provides opportunity for all; and expanding our nationally recognized public finance practice and impact investment. The Port Authority staff is responsible for executing upon strategic Vision 2022 and broadly communicating milestone accomplishments and program impact throughout and beyond the seven-year initiative.
The Port Authority seeks a creative, outcome-driven Manager, Communications and Digital Engagement to join the Marketing and Communications Department, playing a key role in elevating our communication initiatives and seeking out new opportunities to convey our voice and value. The Manager is responsible for monitoring and managing our reputation, communicating our impact, and gaining followers, enthusiasts and people inspired to join us in improving quality of life in Hamilton County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate the Port Authority’s brand story, core values and theory of change through both targeted and community-wide education campaigns
- Establish methodologies for ongoing community engagement
- Cultivate and maintain a sophisticated, responsive and audience-focused online communication platform
- Create and edit content including press releases, research papers, project profiles; data visualizations, thought-leadership narratives, award nominations and presentation abstracts
- Apply proactive communication strategies, media research, planning and execution of press outreach, crisis communications support, press and event materials development
- Scout and support media and PR collaborations, including formal partnerships
- Integrate the latest digital and social and content strategies into Port Authority communication and advocacy campaigns
- Expand the awareness of unique public finance programs available to the Port Authority to further leverage neighborhood and industrial initiatives
- Contribute to the Marketing and Communication team’s measurable
goals around “voice of the customer” – gaining testimonials from our
partners and stakeholders
- Build effective working relationships, seek a diversity of opinions, and
partner with others to achieve business goals
- Evaluate/report outcomes of campaigns, including both traditional and
- Work with executive and leadership team members on their professional
online brands and communication
- Write to influence key stakeholder and decision-makers’ positions on key
issues affecting our work
- Bachelor’s-level degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Affairs, Public Relations or relevant field
- Minimum 4 years of related work, preference given to those with agency experience; technical experience in corporate communications , issues management and / or in a mission-driven social change environment
- Commitment to the Port Authority’s mission and core values
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement tools
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate both verbally and in writing
- Have a precise attention to detail and ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Commitment to openness and transparency
- Portfolio of published work the demonstrates consistency, clarity,accuracy and a mastery of information
- Strategic thinking and ability to apply marketing/ communications tactics to broad organizational strategies
- Promotes and supports diversity initiatives and equal employment opportunity
- Demonstrated results in building an online presence, using social media for strategic communication and reputation management and integrating social media into communications strategies.
Minimum Employment Prerequisites
- Ability to pass Port Authority writing test.
- Ability to tour Port Authority project sites and attend out-of-office meetings.
- Satisfactory results on pre-employment written and oral testing, as administered by appropriate practitioners at the Port Authority’s direction.
- Satisfactory results on background investigations.
- Insurable and ability to maintain insurability for the operation of motor vehicles, as use of personal vehicle may be required to attend out-of-office meetings.
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions of the position outlined herein without creating a direct or indirect threat to the safety of oneself or others.
The Port of Greater Cincinnati Development Authority is an Equal Opportunity
To apply: Send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to
No phone calls accepted. Do not send or deliver portfolio to Port Authority offices.