Fifth Third Bank
Position: Internal Communications Manager
Position Responsibilities: Raise awareness of Bancorp strategic initiatives by managing and implementing strategies, assuring that clear, consistent and accurate messages are provided to internal audiences.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank#s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic communications counsel to internal clients.
- Supports communications coordination among multiple, simultaneous initiatives and vehicles.
- Manages relationships with functional leaders, content owners to ensure timely, accurate and strategic communications.
- Provides strategic support for M&A communications and training and compliance efforts.
- Develops communications plans and materials for Bancorp-wide initiatives.
- Develops content for publications and channels such as HR Direct, Benchmarks, This Week @ Fifth Third and the intranet.
- Develops and distributes regular HR communications to Bancorp employees.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to specific internal Bancorp clients.
- Edits and proofreads content for Corporate Communications team members and clients, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Must have the ability to provide guidance and coaching to other corporate communications staff members.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations; graduate degree in related field and APR accreditation preferred.
- Eight (8) of public relations and media relations experience.
- Proven experience with issues management.
- Excellent research, writing, and editorial skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate complex or technical information to senior leaders and an internal audience.
- Ability to understand and conceptualize specific ideas and theories.
- Able to respond with little or no notice
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment independently.
- Must have the ability to handle conflicts and successfully manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Good PC skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook applications.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in developing communications for Human Resources, Benefits, Compensation and other enterprise-wide initiatives. Web content management and basic design skills a plus.
- Excellent project management skills.
How to apply: Visit Fifth Third Bank Careers.