Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Position: Senior Officer, Stewardship Writer
SUPERVISOR'S TITLE: Director, Stewardship, Donor Relations & Special Events
TITLES SUPERVISED: N/A
TOTAL NUMBER OF FTE'S DIRECTLY SUPERVISED: 0
TOTAL NUMBER OF FTE'S INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED: 0
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Serve as the lead writer, editor and project manager of philanthropic stewardship communications to aid in the cultivation, education, and stewardship of high level donors and prospective donors. Assist with implementing stewardship strategies that encourage long-term relationships with major donors.
- Program Development & Project Management
- Work collaboratively with development leadership and gift officers to develop and implement stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships donors and prospects capable of making major gifts($50K ).
- Create and Develop impact reports that provide comprehensive reporting to donors.
- Working as part of a team, create and implement tools and activities that advance donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship for major gifts. In collaboration with the stewardship manager.
- Design and implement comprehensive processes for tracking and analyzing stewardship efforts. Partner with gift officers, communications team and special events team to produce appropriate materials for donor recognition societies, aligning strategies that support donor solicitation.
- Coordinate with staff and development officers to develop and produce key stewardship deliverables including written reports (hard copy, email, or online content) and letters. This may also include video production management. Oversee annual refresh of donor thank you letters. Manage writing, editing and approval of donor acknowledgement and thank you letter process ensuring that gifts are recognized in a timely manner.
- Author and edit content for personalized high-end impact reports for major donors, and mass stewardship pieces for Cincinnati Children's priority areas. Work collaboratively with faculty and major gift officers to describe medical center programs and research initiatives to donors via communications tools.
- Write thank you letters to high end donors and prospects on behalf of Cincinnati Children's executive and board leadership.
- Project Management
- Manage and execute complex Stewardship communication projects. Manage and complete projects independently; solve complex problems and resolve most conflicts independently. Develops and executes communication plans for projects.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated strength in creative and/or persuasive writing and exceptional editing skills.
- Interpersonal Communication
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Diverse Collaboration
- Proven success collaborating with a team of diverse professionals (physicians, scientists, major gift officers) to produce accurate and effective products.
- Work Initiative
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Priorities/Detail Orientation
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy, attending to details and delivering exceptional quality. Must have a collegial, collaborative style.
- Demonstrated diplomacy, tact and professional demeanor.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations OR in a related disipline
- Seven years of writing experience
- Experience in persuasive writing, journalism, marketing, sales or fundraising.
- Experience working in a health care organization and/or nonprofit agency